Sunday 11 October 2009

First time at the races

The first session with the scanner is over and the result is an eye opener for me….my photos were terrible, the combination of a cheap camera, no zoom lens and a lack of imagination has left me with a bundle of tiny race cars all taken from the same corner!

I should probably left them in the album, but it was the first race meet I’d ever been to, British Touring Car Championship hosted at Thruxton in 1995 so they had to go in as the beginning of it all, the place that popped my live motorsport cherry. We won tickets on local radio (thank you 210FM) and got a lift down the A303 and walked in
Photobucket
Getting close to the stars with Derek Warwick
Photobucket
Getting close to the cars with Fords bewinged Mondeo
Photobucket
The racing was amazing, real cars I’d seen on the road hurtling round at over 100mph and a massive crash at the end, I was hooked
Photobucket

Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment