Friday 9 October 2009

The big scan!

I’ve started something now, and I’ve got no idea when it might get finished! I got my first camera over 20 Christmas’s ago, a little Kodak Star 110, before the days of digital I’d snap happily away 24 pictures, pop to Boots with my mum and get it developed, a week later it’d be back and I’d load them into my albums. The same process carried on for years until I went digital, then I pretty much stopped developing to save money as I was taking hundreds of pictures at the shows I went to instead of the 36 I was allowed by film. So I have lots of old photos that have never seen the light of day, over 6000 of shows we’ve been too at a guess. So I’ve decided to start scanning some in. I’ve started with the first few Volkswagen shows we went to.

Our introduction to the world of Volkswagens at Sandown Park in 2004
Photobucket
Photobucket

A few weeks later we ended up at the first Dubs at the Park, organised by the London & Thames Valley VW Club, from small acorns as they say. Five years later its grown to over 700 Dubs and more than 1500 people.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next on the list is the race meet archive that begins in 1995, it may take some time!

Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment