Sunday 13 May 2012

Jason Dodd Fashion shoot

For my birthday the other year, Kim bought me a car photography course. A chance for me to hone my skills behind the lens and shoot some interesting cars at a great location, Brooklands. I added Jason on FB and kept an eye on the courses he was holding and the other work he shoots. There is so really stunning work and it makes me realise I'm a very amateur snapper. A few weeks ago I noticed a fashion course coming up at Brooklands using the grounds and some interesting cars as a backdrop. I'd been meaning to offer one of our Dubs again as well as try and get my friend Davids unique Union Jack beach buggy used too. The shoot was a  60s theme ( I know both cars are technically 70s, but they fitted right in). Meeting up at Brooklands we had the introductions to the students and the models who were going to pose as well as a selection of drivers of some fine rides including a Morgan and a pair of 356 replicas.

Photobucket

We moved the cars out to various locations and then photographers paired up and picked a car and model to start the shoot. We hung around watching and ended up holding reflectors and helping the girls get into position on the buggy. All whilst parked under the nose of Concorde

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meanwhile in the aeroplane park the Beetle was in use so I wandered over to chat and take a few snaps.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another model was heading for the Beetle and the words "can she sit on the roof" were heard so I thought it best to supervise! Taking great care and with heels off, Kelly inched her way onto the roof and later the bonnet. The shots against the massive VC10 and the blue sky were impressive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Following a break for lunch and a chance for the models to change outfits we were back out there again. The Beetle nestled right under the back of the VC10 to shield the snappers from the now blazing sun the photography continued.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back under Concorde they were in full swing with a fantastic red dress providing good contrast against a variety of vehicles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the end of the day a great collection of shots had been taken (I'm hoping a few will head our way over time) and we packed up, making sure to get a final shot under Speedbird1, not every day you get to drive under the nose of the fastest passenger jet.

Photobucket

And I couldn't resist a stop off at the Campbell Sheds as we left.

Photobucket

It was a brilliant day, really enjoyable. The snappers were interesting to watch, varying levels of experience showed, but I think they all gained along the way and the models were great, putting everyone at ease regardless of how silly a pose they were asked to perform. I'm seriously considering enrolling on the next course as it looked like so much fun. There are loads more photos available here, I hope to add some of the examples from the pros later on.

Steve.

Share

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots... let me know if you need to borrow a beach buggy for your next shot. I'm no photographer but I have been thinking about having a shoot with a model and my buggy for fun =)

    ReplyDelete