Wednesday 4 July 2012

Surprise classics

Occasionally with work I get the joy of staying away overnight, normally theres two of us and after a hard day its a few pints and some grub before bed. This time it was just me and I haven't had the hardest of days to be honest. A natter on FB revealed there was a monthly classic car meet only five miles from my hotel so after food I headed over.

Photobucket

The field out the back of the Griffin Pub in Papplewick was heaving with dozens of cars, the Packard and Metro 6R4 at either end of the spectrum. The sun was shining and the grass wasn't too wet so I had a wander, armed only with my mobile to take photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This microcar had a German badge on the front, even after reading it I'm still none the wiser!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More polar opposites, a Bay Camper alongside a Hawk 3000 with a Delorean behind them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a big turnout of VWs, air and water-cooled. This Golf must be owned by the smelliest person around!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last two vehicles to arrive were some of the most unusual of the evening, the first was a matt black Austin Super 7, apparently based on a Lotus 7 alike chassis. The second a Maserati Tipo GP road replica.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that was it, I hung around for an hour and half looking round before heading back to the dullness of the hotel. A nice distraction. More photos can be found here

Steve.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment